Adware infected apps in Google Play store and Apple Store
Researchers have discovered dozens of apps infected with clicker Trojan malware on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
The trojan performs ad-related malicious activities in the background, such as opening web pages and clicking ad links without any user interaction, thus generating ad revenue for the attacker by inflating website traffic.
Most of the malicious apps have been removed from the official app stores.
The infected IOS apps are:
- RTO Vehicle Information
- EMI Calculator & Loan Planner
- File Manager – Documents
- Smart GPS Speedometer
- CrickOne – Live Cricket Scores
- Daily Fitness – Yoga Poses
- FM Radio – Internet Radio
- My Train Info – IRCTC & PNR
- Around Me Place Finder
- Easy Contacts Backup Manager
- Ramadan Times 2019
- Restaurant Finder – Find Food
- BMI Calculator – BMR Calc
- Dual Accounts
- Video Editor – Mute Video
- Islamic World – Qibla
- Smart Video Compressor
A few of the infected Android Apps are:
- Video Downloader Master
- Ringtone Maker Pro
- Tank Classic
Would you like to build Cybersecurity and Compliance courses and campaigns with amazing content?