Enhance your team’s capabilities with our PHI Global compliance training, ensuring adept management of Protected Healthcare Information by global healthcare laws to prevent breaches.
Audience: All/ End-Users, Learning time: 20-25minutes
Customize this course
Discover the wide range of customization options available for this course, allowing you to tailor the training to your specific needs and preferences.
Feature your logo
Add information classification
Add incident reporting information
Translate the course (optional)
The PHI Global course offers insights into diverse healthcare regulations worldwide, while practical case studies underscore the significance of safeguarding PHI, along with comprehensive coverage of best practices for its protection and reporting security breaches.
The course has an assessment at the end.
Section 1: Healthcare Threat Landscape
This section presents real-world case studies of Protected Healthcare Information breaches. These studies highlight the importance of safeguarding PHI and the consequences of not following regulations.
Section 2: Introduction to Protected Healthcare Information
This section provides employees with an overview of Protected Healthcare Information and emphasizes its importance in terms of protection.
· What is PHI?
· Examples of PHI
· Why is protecting PHI important?
Section 3: Cyberattack against PHI
In this section, employees gain insights into common and emerging threats against Protected Healthcare Information (PHI), including their classifications. This overview equips them to be vigilant and cautious against potential threats.
- Common threats against PHI
- Insider threat
- Malware and Ransomware Attack
- Third-Party Risk
- Social Engineering Attack
- Emerging threats against PHI
- Internet of Things (IoT) Vulnerabilities
- Cloud Security Challenges
- AI and ML Risk
- Supply Chain Compromise
Section 4: Healthcare Information Protection Laws and Regulations Around the World
In this section, employees gain a fundamental comprehension of various regulations related to Protected Healthcare Information, including ADHICS, HIPAA, and HITECH on a global scale, and recognize the significance of adhering to these regulations.
- Healthcare information protection laws and regulations
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act
- Abu Dhabi Healthcare Information and Cyber Security Standard (ADHICS)
Section 5: Protecting PHI
This section comprises six scenario-based challenges based on the best practices in protecting PHI.
- Safeguarding PHI while Working Remotely
- Securing Access Credentials to Protect PHI
- Safe Internet Browsing Practices to Protect PHI
- Securing PHI while Using Emails and Collaboration Platforms
- Protecting PHI while Using AI Apps
- Secure Storage and Transfer of PHI
Section 6: Reporting Security Breaches
This section includes examples of security breaches of PHI and guides employees on effectively reporting such incidents.
- What is a security breach?
- Examples of Security Breaches
- How to Report a Security Breach?
Section 7: Summary and Assessment
This section wraps up the key points covered in the course, followed by an assessment.